Sunday, May 29, 2011

Review For ILLUSIONS by Aprilynne Pike

Summary from Goodreads: 
Laurel hasn't seen Tamani since she begged him to let her go last year. Though her heart still aches, Laurel is confident that David was the right choice.

But just as life is returning to normal, Laurel discovers that a hidden enemy lies in wait. Once again, Laurel must turn to Tamani to protect and guide her, for the danger that now threatens Avalon is one that no faerie thought would ever be possible. And for the first time, Laurel cannot be sure that her side will prevail.
 
375 pages
Published May 3rd 2011 by HarperCollins Publishers

                My Favorite Scene: 
                                Quietly, almost too quietly to hear, Tamani spoke. "I would never do something just to hurt you."  
                                "No?" Laurel asked, much louder than Tamani, her voice rising louder with every word as she finally asked the question that felt like it had torn deeper into her every day. "What about at the dance? You were dancing with Yuki and I looked at you. And you turned away and held her closer. Why did you do that? If you didn't want to hurt me, then why?"
                                He looked away, as though slapped, but he didn't look guilty. He looked pained. "I closed my eyes," he said, his voice so low and strangled she could hardly hear him.
                               "What?" she asked, not understanding. 
                                Tamani held up a hand and Laurel realized he hadn't finished—he was having trouble speaking at all. "I closed my eyes," he repeated after a few shallow breaths, "and imagined she was you." He looked at her, his face open, his eyes honest, his voice a song of anguish.

Wow! I really adored that scene! I was kinda rooting for Team David from the beginning of the series. It only took one scene to make me change my mind. This scene made me root now for Team Tamani! This is really touching and a little bit emotional for Laurel and Tamani.

My Thoughts:
               This books was a VERY FAST read! It is fast paced and you can read it all in just one day (or maybe 3.5 hours). In this book, we learn some very interesting happenings Between Crescent City and The world of Avalon (Even though Laurel only went to Avalon one time only in this book). I adored the whole book and it is a satisfying sequel in the Wings Series.
                I love how Ms. Pike brought Tamani in the Human world for guarding Laurel. There is some very INTERESTING happenings between David and Tam because we get to see how would they react with each other now that they're on the same world. I won't give any spoilers because.. well, I hate spoiling things. Let's just say that the 2 boys was on Laurel's nerve in this book. There I'll leave it at that. We also get to see Tam's POV in this book. We get to know what's on his mind, and what plans he have for this and that. And let's not forget Chelsea! She's more funny in this book than the last one. Although in this book, she has more exposure and ALMOST always at Laurel's side. She made a choice that she will *Spoilers ahead! Skip the spoiler if you don't want to be spoiled.* break up with Ryan and continue waiting for David after Laurel broke up with him. She said this to Laurel because she doesn't want to lose her as her Best Friend. *End Of Spoilers* Chelsea's decision will really make you feel for her and you would think that Laurel is a monster for doing that to her Best Friend.
                  So.... I didn't really like Laurel in this book. Truth be told, I HATE HER in this book. She's really hurting other people by not making choices. If she chose David, She'll hurt Tamani and if you read the Spoilers, You'll know she'll hurt another person too. But if she chose Tamani, David will be hurt BUT (You'll know what I mean if you read the Spoilers).
                   But all in all, I really Love this book! I got so much answer in this book that I'm ok even though the next book will be out next year. I don't mind though, because it is the last book. Thank you for reading!

Rating:  4.5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment